With over 25-years experience in damp proofing and wet rot treatments, Affordable Damp Solutions are happy to provide you with a free, no obligation quotation for the remedial work involved. Once we’ve visited your property and identified the cause, we will outline the most effective and economical repair strategy to rectify the problem.
We are Approved Contractors for both Biokil Crown and Sovereign – and our work is covered by a long 30-year, insurance-backed guarantee.
For damp proofing in Dorset, Hampshire, Devon and Wiltshire, call Brian Hemsill on on 01202 520 893. Distance is no object – if you live further afield, please call. You will be guaranteed an affordable, reliable and friendly service.
Damp proof repairs
Rising Damp and Penetrating Damp
Rising damp is moisture that rises through the vertical structure of a building due to capillary action. It can occur as a result of several reasons:
- The building may have been constructed without the installation of a Damp Proof Course (or ‘DPC’)
- A failure of an existing DPC
- The existing DPC has been compromised – possibly due to the incorrect application of exterior render.
- The external ground level or internal floor level may have been raised or laid incorrectly during the original construction
- Brick, stone and mortar are all porous. This porosity can allow moisture to rise from the ground by capillary action bringing with it ground salts such as sulphates, chlorides and nitrates. These salts are hygroscopic and absorb moisture from the atmosphere.
The Signs of Damp
Any one of these signs could mean that you have a rising damp problem:
- Peeling Wallpaper
- Stained Walls
- Rotten Skirting Boards
- Salty Brickwork
- Musty Smells
Penetrating damp is caused by moisture penetrating through the walls of the building from an external source.
There could be several reasons for this: a leak in an adjacent property, a fault in the roof or water ingress through the external walls of the property.
Affordable Damp Solutions will quickly identify the problem and recommend a repair procedure and provide you with a quotation to fix the damp problem.